Waaaayyy back when I posted about our Top 10 Essentials for the First Two Months. Back then, it was all survival mode and when you found anything that made life easier that item felt like an angel from the heavens.
These days, as we march onward toward a year and a half, my little Tater has truly begun to shed the qualities of babyhood in favor of the independence seeking and exploration of toddler life. She is so busy, buzzing about the house playing with her toys, trying to play with things that are not toys and mimicking everything Justin and I do.
In many ways, this life is easier for me as a mother than early parenthood. I absolutely love watching Tater learn about the world around her and work toward becoming her own little woman. Also, she’s able to communicate more and more, making getting to heart of what she needs or wants so much simpler.
However, this sense of ease does not negate the need for gear. It’s just different, and we don’t necessarily take all of it with us. Here are 10 things we love and in some cases, I feel, we couldn’t live without.
1. Hyland’s Teething Tablets. We have used these since Tater first started getting teeth as an alternative to pumping her full of Tylenol (I also love Tylenol, don’t get me wrong), but oh man are they necessary now that she’s started getting molars. Ouch!
2. Tater loves to do anything that she see’s Justin and me do, which includes using utensils and eating off of a plate, so this fun dining set from Skip Hop was a great Christmas gift. She’s actually gotten pretty good with the fork.
3. Sun-Maid Raisins Mini-Snacks. Give a toddler a small box of raisins; buy yourself five minutes of quiet time.
4. We started out with a Combi Catalyst stroller, which unfortunately broke, but I’m kind of okay with it, because we got the City-Mini, which is definitely an upgrade. It folds and unfolds so easily and compactly and is a really smooth, light ride in our very hilly neighborhood. When Tater see’s it, she gets really excited because she knows we’re going somewhere!
5. Mustela 2-in-1 hair and body wash smells so good and is nice and gentle. It’s so much easier just to use one product top to toe during bath time. Only recently have we started needing to introduce a little conditioner to our hair routine. Tater’s flow is very real.
6. We started using the OxiClean Baby stain remover for breast-feeding poop blowouts when Tater was an infant and it worked like a charm; these days it comes in really handy for getting out the stains after a particularly messy eating session. She revolts against bibs so we rely on this stuff to keep clothes in good shape.
7. Ouchless elastics for taming the aforementioned flow. Also, tiny pigtails are the cutest.
8. These kicks are totally on-point. I not only love the style, but also, they are comfy and easy to walk in for her.
10. Crayola ColorWonder Markers and magic paper are AWESOME! I can totally let Tater be creative without having to constantly tell her “No writing on the couch,” “No writing on the table,” “No writing on the wall,” etc. Also, she does a lot of crafts at “school,” so its fun to see her applying what she’s learned at home.
Parents of toddlers, what product are you loving right now?