I can’t believe our little lady is two months old. I know it’s so cliché, but it truly is incredible how fast babies grow. She’s already 3.5″ longer, almost four pounds heavier, and infinitely cuter than when we brought her home in November. We get lots of smiles and coos every day and are generally delighted by her presence in our life.
There are a lot of things that have made living with a newborn a little easier and prettier. This list comprises our absolute favorites.
1. Forget the bulb syringes you get at the hospital, the NoseFrida snot sucker is the boss when it comes to clearing congestion from a little nose.
2. Homedics SoundSpa On-The-Go is great for soothing at home and as the name suggests on the go. I like it because it has a timer that shuts the machine down after 15 minutes.
3. These diapers from Honest.com are the jam. They are biodegradable, chemical free, affordable, and most importantly fantastically absorbent. We love that they are delivered to us every month and that they come in such fun patterns.
4. Coming up with ways to play with a newborn is tough. We really like this rattle because it grabs Matilda’s attention long enough for us to work on her vision and focus and the textured handle is fun for her to hold.
5. All hail the bouncy seat, creator of Tilly’s most comfortable naps.
6. While there are a lot of ways you could jerry-rig a similar set up, this mat is fantastic, mostly because of the froggy pillow that has made tummy-time much more enjoyable for the lady baby.
7. For nighttime warmth and swaddling, we’ve found Halo sleep sacks to be pretty darn easy. They used them at the hospital and we like how there is the option for both a full swaddle as well as just swaddling her trunk. The Miracle Blanket is also awesome.
8. If you want a blanket that is literally made of soft, fluffy clouds, Little Giraffe has what you need. I love wrapping Matilda up in her Luxe blanket because it’s such a cozy snuggle for both of us.
9. I bought a bunch of Jennifer Ann head wraps pretty much right after I found out we were having a girl. They have proven to be a great investment as they are not only adorable, but also comfier and less cumbersome than some of her other hair accessories.
10. Little kicking feet are hard to keep socks on and thus, hard to keep warm. These booties are adorable and have an adjustable snap around the ankle so they can’t be kicked off.
Some other clutch gear we use is the Puj tub, Mustela foam shampoo, the Moby and Ergo baby carriers,and the JJ Cole Bundleme.
Other mamas out there, what other products, gear, etc. can’t you live without? What do I need for the next two months?