As I’ve been not-so-patiently awaiting the arrival of Tater this week, I’ve been reflecting a little bit on the passage of time. I also went to see About Time, which was completely delightful. It would be easy for me to go down a rabbit hole and get all Stephen Hawking and Einstein on you, but I’ll spare us all the quantum theorizing and say simply that more than ever, I’m trying to appreciate the agony and joy in all of the moments.
My friend Jill put it well in a comment on my Facebook page this week:
“You are in The Time of Zwischen… between… one foot still in your old world life-as-you-know-it, one foot in that new world which is still mostly undefinable… it’s a time of opening, trust, letting go, and hating pretty much all clothing.”
As a new mom in her 41st week of pregnancy it can be hard to sit back and really enjoy the fact that she is still primarily on her own schedule. It’s exciting and scary to know you’ll have to be so responsible for another person and all of that just makes it hard to sleep. I’m trying though, I really am.
All of that said, I’m bringing back the Friday link round up. Here are some fun things I found this week that I thought were worth sharing:
- Lorde covers Tears for Fears on the Catching Fire soundtrack. Have I mentioned how excited I am about Catching Fire? Cause I’m really excited.
- Team Scott’s newest DIY inspiration.
- I absolutely love the industrial whimsey in this nursery design.
- When is a good occasion to wear a flower crown? Because I’m realllly dying to wear one.
- Next time we entertain, this is definitely on the menu.
- Because I’m obsessed with Jason Schwartzman and Wes Anderson.
- Justin emailed me this week and wrote: “We are so doing this.”